I so am in the mood to write, but I just can’t think of a good poem or story.  So I’ll tell you about my latest escapedes. 

Last weekend, the whootah crew, family and friends infiltrated Africa at the NC zoo.  Pictures here:

Tuesday, I met Heather at Chili’s where we had a good dinner, and afterwards I failed at talking her into visiting the parking lot theme park the carnies had setup.  We were debating if they were even running the thing as there didnt seem to be much action going on, but occasionally something would move or someone would walk around.  Still, the Himalayan type ride, the pirate ship and the slingshot were out there in full force for willing victims. 

That night after settling back in at home, a storm was abrewing outside.  I started getting messages around 11 about something wrong at work so I logged in to check it out.  I came to the conclusion  a switch had failed and around 11:45 hit the road to check it out. I pull out of my driveway and onto the road and almost immediately a big strike of lightning occurs and a deer jumps right out in front of me.  I was going so slow I came to a complete stop when I saw him and he jumped right across the road.  Having hit a deer only a month ago and doing $3500 damage to my car, I just sat there in the road for a few seconds and thought that would of really sucked to have hit that deer right after I got my car all fixed up.  Luckily I didn’t hit him though.  So, I started on my way and just about as soon as I press the gas and get going another deer jumps right across and I slam into him.  He rolled up on my hood and then fell back down and into the road.  Then he just sat there.  I thought well, he’s freaked out apparantly.  And he just sat there right in the road for a good while.  The he tried to get up and couldn’t.  Thats when I realized his back legs must be broken.  I was right across from my dad’s house so I tried calling him to see if he wanted a deer, but my step mom marie answered and told me my dad was out of town.  So I hung up, and by that time the deer started to use his front legs and pulled himself across the road and went into the woods.  I just know his back legs were both broke.  but what am I supposed to do?  I’d never find him I’m sure. So I turned around and went back home to see what damage was done.

After taking pictures, I debated about even going to work as the storm was still pretty strong, but decided to head on, not like I had anything to say goodbye to at home anyway.  On the way there, (about 30 miles) I almost hit 5 different deer.  They were just freaking out at the storm apparantly.  And as I drove I thought, well it doesn’t matter if I hit one now, so might as well just keep going.  I get there, and everything was ok.  Apparantly the power had died for a while and now the power had came back on and everything was fine.  Estimate for damage this time is right at $3000.

Didn’t do a lot this weekend, about all my friends were out of town so just hung around the house, did some cleaning, played some games, cut grass, that sort of thing.  Relaxed. 

My animazement pictures from a few weeks ago now have over 8000 views.  In all I have 13,849 pictures and 48,402 views on my flickr.

Back to the ho hum tomorrow.  I have a feeling this week will be a full one of major decisions, so when I know something for sure I’ll keep you updated. 

Leave a Reply